Week 1 Reflection!


Week 1 Reflection!

 I learned a lot of valuable information throughout the first week of classes. The first week I learned about the Cycle of Assessment. The cycle consists of four different topics: Teaching, Gathering & Assessing Students' Work, Interpreting Evidence & Identifying Outcomes, and Reflecting for Change & to plan for improvement. This process is continuous throughout the school year & is never interrupted! Very important to know when you're a teacher or becoming one. This cycle outlines: The steps for how to assess your students' learning, the overall success of the students', and the curriculum.

Types of Assessments:

1. Formative Assessment   2. Diagnostic Assessment  3. Summative Assessment

1. Formative Assessments

ex: Exit Ticket

* Great way to document students' learning, check for understanding & emphasize main points in the lesson

* Straight forward focus on objective goals        * These new ideas & examples to asses the students will                                                              help me in my own Classroom!

* Clear expectations

 * Measures students' learning                                       

                                                                         2. Summative Assessments

                                           - See what standards & concepts your students                                                                                 have mastered.
                                          - Evaluated students' learning at the end of an
                                              instructional unit by comparing it against some standard or benchmark.
                                                        


Comments

  1. The pictures within this post really help explain the difference between formative and summative assessments. The use of bolding to highly emphasize and bring focus to words and key points are such a smart choice and something I will think of adding to my next post! The bullet points make the post easier to read and it is overall a nice informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you set everything up on your page. I also learned a lot about these things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Reflection!

Week 6

Week 2 Reflections!