Week 2 Reflections!
This week in class, we went into more detail with rubrics, checklists, and rating scales. I also learned the importance of observation and how to make a rubric correctly. I learned that there are three different types of rubrics, holistic, single-point, and analytic. Making a rubric is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Holistic rubrics are the most general kind of rubrics that have 5 levels of performance. These rubrics do not provide targeted feedback to students but are easier for teachers to create. Single-Point rubrics break down components of an assignment into different criteria and there is less time to create. The areas and levels of concern and distinction are without specified limits. Analytic Rubrics separate their characteristics of an assignment into parts. This gives students a more clear picture as to why their assignment is what it is and the reason why they got the score that they did. This week we got the opportunity to create our own rubrics in a group, based on certain standards.
Comments
Post a Comment